At Grace Academy, we seek to work with qualified, Christ-centered problem-solvers who enjoy influencing young lives for Christ through quality, Christian education. Please see below for our current employment opportunities for the 2019-20 academic year.Teacher Application Forms
• Bachelor’s Degree with a major or minor in Secondary School
• Possible interest in Middle and/or High School team sports or
• Preference given to teachers with state certification.
Grace Academy is a K-12 Christian School looking for a full-time 6-8 Science teacher to develop in each student an awareness of the role of science in society from a biblical worldview; to motivate each pupil to acquire knowledge of scientific facts and principals, and skills in scientific methods of problem solving; to discover and develop special God given talents of students in scientific fields, with a biblical world view. Teacher must be able to teach Life Science, General Science, Earth Science, and Physical Science. The science curriculum is based on Next Generation Science Standards.
• Teaches skills, knowledge, and scientific attitudes through
courses in general, life, earth, and physical science to
middle school students.
• Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter
specific to curriculum and school regulations and procedures
of the school.
• Explains a scientific program involving demonstrations,
lectures, discussions, lab experiments; organizes lab
activities for optimum learning.
• Demonstrates scientific concepts by use of scientific
apparatus, experiments, and standards or teacher prepared
• Provides individual or small group instruction to adapt the
curriculum to the needs of students and to accommodate where a
variety of projects and experiments are being completed
• Instructs students in the proper use, care, and safe handling
of chemicals, science equipment, and plant/animal life
• Provides safe storage and proper use of materials, equipment,
and tools. Adjusts and requests repairs to equipment as
• Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior for
productive classroom management during class, lab, and field
• Evaluates each student’s growth in knowledge and skills, and
scientific attitudes in course content.
• Selects and request books, instructional materials,
instructional aids, science equipment, chemical, and supplies
and maintains inventory records as required.
• Maintains professional competence through in-service
activities provided by the school.
• Identifies student needs and cooperates with other
professional staff in helping students solve problems.
• Participates in curriculum and other development programs.
• Assist students in selection and development of individual
• Teaches creation from a biblical perspective and identifies
Darwin’s Theory of Evolution as a scientific theory.
• Cooperates in various science clubs, extracurricular
activities, and fairs.
• Communicates with parents and the school guidance counselor on
• Supervises students as assigned during the school day.
• Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of student
• Participates with the school administration in the formal
• Performs other duties as may be assigned from time to time by
• Demonstrates Christian values in and outside of employment.
We currently have an opening for the Varsity Girls Basketball Head Coach. Please send your resume and letter of interest to Todd Ullery, Athletic Director. email@example.com
Must have 2-3 years of coaching experience at a HS level or higher.
Must pass background check and fingerprinting.
Part-time (1/2 day – 4 periods) Middle/High School Technology Teacher needed for the 2019-2020 school year, with a start date of August 15, 2019. Applicants must have a degree in a technology or equivalent field. Teaching experience is desired, with experience teaching in a 1:1 learning environment highly beneficial.
Grade 6 – Basic Technology
Grade 7 – Intermediate Technology
Grade 8 – Foundations of Technology (for high school credit)
To apply for the above job, please submit a letter of interest, updated resume, and the teacher application found @ https://gaknights.org/who-we-are/employment-opportunities/. When complete, return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Warren Barrett, Head of School, Grace Academy 13321 Cearfoss Pike Hagerstown, MD 21740
General qualifications include:
Degree (B.A./B.S.) in field of instruction is required.
Master’s degree is a plus
Successful teaching experience is preferred.
21st Century Skills including use of the iPad in an education setting.
Experience with Moodle, PowerSchool, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Pages, Keynote, iBooks, iBook Author, iMovie, Nearpod, Educreations, Notability, Dropbox, Glo Bible, and Kno Textbooks.
- Holds or is in the process of earning an Association of Christian Schools International Teacher Credential or a State Teaching Credential.
- A teaching sample (either a video or in person) may be requested.