At Grace Academy, we seek to work with qualified, Christ-centered problem-solvers who enjoy influencing young lives for Christ through quality, Christian education. Please see below for our current employment opportunities for the 2019-20 academic year.Teacher Application Forms
|Direct Supervisor||Head of School|
|Evaluation||Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with Grace Academy procedures|
|Terms of Employment||Full-time – 12 months
14 paid holidays, Vacation, and Sick Leave
|Work Hours||8 Hours/Day|
|Ability to diagnose minor issues within a school system’s plumbing, mechanical, and school equipment.
|Working under the direction of the Head of School.
Maintain the physical plant of a large school.
– All phases of interior cleaning by using hand and machine tools.
– Acquire and develop knowledge of the school’s mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
– Develop proficiency in the function, use, and care of all emergency lighting, fire protection and security systems.
– Perform and direct all phases of grounds-keeping including necessary snow removal.
– Make minor repairs to equipment and buildings.
– Make monthly safety checks of the entire facility.
– Order supplies and maintain a proper inventory of supplies and equipment.
– Maintain and operate all types of mechanical equipment.
– Provide required services to the athletic facilities and programs.
– Work closely with the principal in the implementation of all duties.
– Assist the principal and other professional staff with co-curricular and extracurricular activities as appropriate.
– Provide custodial services to groups using schools after hours and on non-school days.
· Essential Job Functions:
– Direct and supervise other custodians.
– Train and provide proper orientation in methods and use of cleaning materials and equipment to new custodians assigned to the school.
– Coordinate with custodial staff duties for before and after school staff assignments
– Develop a summer cleaning program to provide complete cleaning during the summer months.
– Keep employees advised of safety policies and practices, providing interpretation and explanation’s where necessary.
– Review and evaluate performance of staff with principal monthly and determine necessary adjustments to maintain a process for improvement.
– Demonstrate courteous and professional demeanor to all guest, staff, students, and parents of Grace Academy.
· Other duties as may be assigned.
|Pay Scale – $12.00 – $14.50 based on qualifications and experience.|
Part-time bus drivers. This would be for athletic and field trips. Our pay is $16.50 per hour. He are the state requirements.
Meet all MVA licensing requirements, including a CDL class B (or A) driver’s license with appropriate endorsements, P (passenger). Some counties require certification for driving Air Brake vehicles.
Have not more than two current points on their driving record and a satisfactory past driving record.
Have no evidence of a criminal history including background and fingerprinting.
Be 21 years old or older.
Satisfactorily pass a DOT physical from a certified medical doctor.
Receive a negative controlled substances test result.
Complete preservice instruction which includes classroom and on the road training.
Complete the MD 486 Form requirement.
Part-time (1/2 day – 4 periods) Middle/High School Technology Teacher needed for the 2019-2020 school year, with a start date of August 15, 2019. Applicants must have a degree in a technology or equivalent field. Teaching experience is desired, with experience teaching in a 1:1 learning environment highly beneficial.
Grade 6 – Basic Technology
Grade 7 – Intermediate Technology
Grade 8 – Foundations of Technology (for high school credit)
To apply for the above job, please submit a letter of interest, updated resume, and the teacher application found @ https://gaknights.org/who-we-are/employment-opportunities/. When complete, return it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Warren Barrett, Head of School, Grace Academy 13321 Cearfoss Pike Hagerstown, MD 21740
General qualifications include:
Degree (B.A./B.S.) in field of instruction is required.
Master’s degree is a plus
Successful teaching experience is preferred.
21st Century Skills including use of the iPad in an education setting.
Experience with Moodle, PowerSchool, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Pages, Keynote, iBooks, iBook Author, iMovie, Nearpod, Educreations, Notability, Dropbox, Glo Bible, and Kno Textbooks.
- Holds or is in the process of earning an Association of Christian Schools International Teacher Credential or a State Teaching Credential.
- A teaching sample (either a video or in person) may be requested.