At Grace Academy, we seek to work with qualified, Christ-centered problem-solvers who enjoy influencing young lives for Christ through quality, Christian education. Please see below for our current employment opportunities for the 2020-21 academic year.Teacher Application Forms
Part-time (1/2 day – 4 periods) Middle/High School Technology Teacher needed for the 2019-2020 school year, with a start date of August 15, 2019. Applicants must have a degree in a technology or equivalent field. Teaching experience is desired, with experience teaching in a 1:1 learning environment highly beneficial.
Grade 6 – Basic Technology
Grade 7 – Intermediate Technology
Grade 8 – Foundations of Technology (for high school credit)
To apply for the above job, please submit a letter of interest, updated resume, and the teacher application found @ https://gaknights.org/who-we-are/employment-opportunities/. When complete, return it to email@example.com or mail to Warren Barrett, Head of School, Grace Academy 13321 Cearfoss Pike Hagerstown, MD 21740
General qualifications include:
Degree (B.A./B.S.) in field of instruction is required.
Master’s degree is a plus
Successful teaching experience is preferred.
21st Century Skills including use of the iPad in an education setting.
Experience with Moodle, PowerSchool, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Pages, Keynote, iBooks, iBook Author, iMovie, Nearpod, Educreations, Notability, Dropbox, Glo Bible, and Kno Textbooks.
- Holds or is in the process of earning an Association of Christian Schools International Teacher Credential or a State Teaching Credential.
- A teaching sample (either a video or in person) may be requested.
Middle School Science Teacher:
Grace Academy is a K-12 Christian School located in Hagerstown Maryland. We are looking for a full-time Middle School (6-8) Science teacher to develop in each student an awareness of the role of science in society from a biblical worldview; to motivate each pupil to acquire knowledge of scientific facts and principals, and skills in scientific methods of problem solving; to discover and develop special God given talents of students in scientific fields, with a biblical world view. Teacher must be able to teach Life, General, Earth, and Physical Science. The science curriculum is based on Next Generation Science Standards.
Qualifications: BA or BS Degree -Science or equivalent (Teaching degree or certification preferred)
Teaching Experience (Minimum: student teaching preferred)
ACSI Certification (preferred or able to obtain)
Coaching and Arts opportunities available
Salary: 22K – 39K based on degree/certification and teaching experience
Additional benefits include Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, Sick/Personal Time Off, and Professional Development
Resumes and or questions should be directed to: Warren Barrett – Head of School, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Previous basketball participation at the high school and/or collegiate level.
- Minimum age: 21
- Previous coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level preferred
- Interest in helping young men grow spiritually, athletically, academically, to building character, and maturity.
- Understands the role of a coach in a Christian School environment
- Completion of CPR and First Aid training or enrollment in current CPR and First Aid training course.
Grace Academy is a K-12 Christian School in Hagerstown MD looking for a Boys Varsity Basketball Head Coach for the 2020-21 season. GA has a rich history in athletics and several alumni have played or are currently playing at the collegiate level. Grace participates in the Mason Dixon Athletic Conference and schedules additional public and private schools.
Season runs Winter, November – February
– To assist in maintaining high academic standards for all student athletes.
- To assist the athletic director and principal in the hiring and/or retention of assistant coaches.
- To direct, supervise, and evaluate regularly the performance of all assistant coaches of the respective sport.
- To work cooperatively with the athletic director to assure proper insurance coverage for all athletes. • To work cooperatively with other head athletic coaches in order to operate a well-balanced athletic program.
- To foster among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, a desire to win, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
- To direct the training, conditioning, and performance of the varsity athletic team and to lead, supervise, and assist the assistant coaches in their efforts with teams assigned to them.
- To act as a positive influence upon the behavior of members of his/her athletic staff and teams.
- To be present and personally direct the team at all varsity contests and to be present at as many junior varsity and middle school contests as possible. He/she will also be responsible for the supervision of his/her athletes at games or post-season competition.
- To advise the athletic director as to the preparation of schedules for his/her respective sport.
- To advise the athletic director in the selection and performance evaluations of officials.
- To recommend to the athletic director the type and amount of equipment and supplies needed to conduct the sports program. To provide for the inventory and care of equipment.
- To advise the athletic director of the condition of athletic facilities and needs for their preparation and maintenance.
- To assist the athletic director to ensure that lists of all players eligible for athletic contests are prepared and maintained under rules of the MDCC and MPSSAA.
- To recommend to the athletic director and/or principal the removal of athletes from the team(s) when training or eligibility regulations have not been met.
- To ensure that all athletes have undergone and passed medical examinations before the regular practice season begins.
- To organize a system for encouraging students to try out for his/her team and to develop and recruit equipment manager(s), score keepers, statisticians, etc. for all teams.
- To collect and keep on file records, statistics, news items, and photographs for the athletic teams under his/her supervision.
- To recommend to the athletic director those students who qualify for a varsity letter.
- To recommend to the athletic director, upon request, prospective coaches.
- To observe sub varsity practices and games.
- To perform other duties related to the position of head athletic coach as requested by the high school principal and/or athletic director.
Additional Details Co-Curricular Salary Stipend
How to Apply: Submit resume with qualifications and experience to: email@example.com
Non-teaching application, Statement of Faith, fingerprinting/background check will be required before official hiring.
Please be sure to upload the following:
- Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.