The mission and purpose of Grace Academy’s Christ centered Homeschool Program is to lovingly come alongside parents who have chosen to educate their children at home. We desire to nurture an individual’s relationship with Christ and others, offer connections for homeschool families to become part of the GA family, and to build positive memories that will last a lifetime. We will assist parents by:
- Helping parents to comply with state regulations regarding home education.
- Offer support with respect to managing their child’s portfolio, assessment, and overall progress.
- Provide additional services, classes, and extracurricular opportunities.
Grace Academy is registered with the state of Maryland to oversee home instruction and verify compliance with the county. Our primary responsibility as an umbrella program is to verify that homeschool parents registered with us are providing regular, thorough instruction to their children according to COMAR 13A.10.01. Registration with Grace Academy Homeschool Umbrella allows students the opportunity to be part of our school community through involvement in individual classes, field trips, sports, fine arts opportunities, and chapel. Students residing in PA can still be part of the program but cannot have evaluations done by Grace Academy.
Complete the Homeschool Program Application online and pay the application and registration fees. Parents must notify their county school superintendent via a Home School Notification form when they begin homeschooling or if they want Grace Academy to be their umbrella and do their reviews. Please complete the Student Reference Form and a Grace Academy staff member will contact you about next steps.
A Grace Academy (GA) evaluator will meet with parents twice per school year to review student progress. To facilitate an accurate evaluation, parents must maintain a portfolio for each child which demonstrates clear evidence of instruction by providing samples of the student’s work and a curriculum list. GA can only provide evaluations for students living in Maryland and West Virginia.
For an additional testing fee, students may participate in standardized testing with on campus students in their grade level.
Opportunities for Umbrella Students in K5-5th grade
- Participation in two specials classes for a fee (Art, P.E., Music, Spanish, or Media) pending available seats
- Participation in weekly chapel meetings, school assemblies, and other school events pending available space and parent chaperone
- Participation in periodic classes and field trips with other homeschool students.
Opportunities for Students in 6th-12th Grades
- Courses – Students in grades 6- 12 may register for up to 3 courses per year at a per class charge as listed in the fee schedule (pending available seats).
- Students taking ESSENCE classes through HCC must pay associated fees to the college to be considered dual enrolled.
- Participation in weekly chapel meetings, school assemblies, and other school events.
- Participation in field trips (additional fees may apply).
- Participation in all extra curricular activities such as clubs, retreats, and missions trips. There may be additional fees associated with these events.
- Participation in school athletic programs.
- Must meet all school academic eligibility requirements.
- Must have a current sports physical evaluation and meet all school and league requirements to participate.
- Athletic fees (additional) are required and vary by sport and grade level.
Homeschool Program Policies
- Homeschool students are ineligible for class ranking and to be selected as valedictorian or salutatorian
- Homeschool students are ineligible for National Honor Society
- Homeschool students are ineligible for the GA Senior scholarship awards, including but not limited to the Mary Michael and Browning Scholarships.
- To receive a GA Homeschool Diploma a student must complete all graduation and academic requirements set forth by GA policy and procedures.
- While on campus students are required to comply with all school policies and procedures.
- Students must wear the GA uniform when attending on campus classes. (Khaki or navy pants with gray, red, navy or white polo.)
- Students must arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled class and depart 10 minutes after completion of the class.
- If taking multiple classes, they should occur consecutively if possible. If not possible the student will be assigned a study hall and a fee is assessed.
- On campus classes are considered “audit basis” with a grade report provided to the parent.
- Applicants are not eligible for tuition assistance through the FACTS program.
Grace Academy Homeschool Umbrella and Hybrid Fee Structure
Application Fee: $50 per family
Registration Fee: $100 per family before 9/1/2022
$200 per family after 9/2/2022
Evaluator Fee: $100 per family (for families in Maryland and West Virginia)
Elementary School Fees
- Art, Music, Media, or P.E. class: $105 per class per semester
- 6th grade fine arts class: $630/class per year (class meets daily)
- Testing fee: $75 per student (optional)
Middle/High School Fees
- Per class (core academic and fine arts) $630
- Study Hall $157.50
- Athletic Fee
- Middle school-$125
- High school-$150
- Testing Fee $75
- Transcript fee $100
* PSAT and ASVAB assessments are optional for a fee.
*To participate in the choral program a student must be enrolled in the on campus choral music class
*Core Academic Classes–Mathematics, English/ELA, Social Studies, Science, Foreign Language, Bible, Essence
Please Contact The Front Office For More Information